Amazon is one of the world’s most recognizable brands.
The company has built up enough reputation that people pay attention to their announcements, and new products are met with positive reactions.
After so many years Amazon is finally ready to unveil its first Smartphone.
Yes it is true..!!!
After all why shouldn’t Amazon make a Smartphone? It has occupied big name .The time couldn’t be better for Amazon to enter the fray.
Lets have in-depth look at the unique features that will power Amazon’s upcoming smartphones..!!!!
Multiple sources tell that Amazon’s upcoming handset will utilize a unique combination of cameras, sensors and software. This unique hardware combination of cameras and sensors will provide a variety of 3D effects on Amazon’s smartphone, without the need of any special glasses!
This smartphone will feature four front-facing infrared cameras that will track the user’s retina to “make some images appear in 3D”, similar to a hologram.” The eye-tracking technology constantly adjust the position of images on the display, creating a 3D-like effect. This technology “would be ideal for gaming.” The smartphone’s software would also be customized to support “very visual games” and designed to render a sense of depth on the flat screen.
We have also listed several key details about the phone’s unique features that will help differentiate Amazon’s smartphone from rival devices.
As for OS ,it is not clear which operating system Amazon will use to power its first smartphone .
At present the Company uses Google’s free Android OS in its Kindle Fire range of tablets as well as the newly-unveiled Fire TV set-top box. So , a modified version of Android will power the Kindle Phone which will feature a highly customized version of the operating system.
Apps, apps, apps!!
A great hardware is nothing without apps or games. The modified version of Android will not offer access to the Google Play Store for apps. After all Amazon has its own app marketplace with more than 200,000 apps and games to choose from today.
Looking at the Amazon appstore,it offers a wide variety of quality apps and will satisfy apps-hungry customers. However, nowadays it’s getting increasingly difficult to find a quality app in the Google Play Store.
Beyond 3D effects, however, Amazon’s new technology will also enable an entirely new way for users to navigate apps and menus on the phone.
With its first handset, Amazon is planning to introduce a variety of unique gesture controls.
Some of them are listed below:
By tilting the handset in different directions while the device is in use, Amazon’s interface will display additional information on the screen without the user having to touch or tap anything.
The areas where these new gestures can be possibly utilized:
- In the phone’s email and calendar apps where small icons are displayed with no labels, a slight tilt will reveal labels beneath each icon, informing the user of its function.
- If the user performs a tilt gesture after searching for a restaurant in the maps app, Yelp ratings will appear on top of the various results plotted on the map.
- In Amazon’s video store, a tilt gesture displays IMDb ratings on top of movie thumbnails.
- When viewing products on Amazon.com, gestures might cycle through images to reveal different product views.
- Amazon’s smartphone apps will not have traditional menu buttons. Instead, menus and other functions are accessed by tilting the phone to the right or left. These tilts cause new panels to slide in over the current screen.
- A tilt in the messaging app while composing a new message will open up a panel with the phone’s camera roll, allowing users to quickly and easily insert a photo.
- Tilting the phone to one side while using the weather app reveals the extended forecast.
- Tilting the phone up or down while reading a book in the Kindle app or while viewing a page in the web browser will scroll the page in the appropriate direction.
Amazon’s smartphone Specs:
- 4.6-inch 720p Display.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
- 13-megapixel rear camera.
- 2GB of RAM.
- The build quality of Amazon’s smartphone to be solid like the Kindle Fire HD.
Expected price will be?
The pricing of the first Amazon smartphone remain unclear.
If i were to guess, the Amazon smartphone will cost between $200 and $300. If it were to cost much more, customers may opt for a more familiar Nexus smartphone from Google instead.
We could even see a “special offers” version of the phone where users save a bit of money up front in exchange for advertisements on the lock screen. The same is already done for Kindle Fire tablets.
If you buy based on the hardware specs alone, then you can consider Amazon just as much as you might Samsung or Google’s own Nexus tablets.
The smartphone will be unveiled in June this year and hit the market in September,time for the holiday shopping season in the US. Apple is also expected to announce the next-generation iPhone, in September which is likely to feature a much bigger screen than current models.