In the last post, we demonstrated how to assign Static IP to the systems in a network which have several advantages. Today, we share an amazing technique to access your system’s files using an android. This technique can transfer files of any size over a WiFi network in no time without any requirement to physically access the system i.e. no wires are involved.
- ES File Explorer
- First of all make sure that “Sharing” is “ON”, you can turn on sharing in windows 8, by “right clicking” on WiFi network.
- Make sure that the laptop/computer you want to access has a static IP over LAN,if you don’t know how to assign a static IP to your system, please visit, Static IP
- Now, you have to share the folders which you want to access on phone. For sharing, follow the below steps
- Right click on the folder you want to share and select “Share with”
- Go to “Specific People” and set the sharing to “Everyone”
- Then, set the permissions to “Read/Write”
After above step, you will get the dialog box declaring that folder is shared. Close the dialog box by clicking on “Done”
- After sharing Folder on LAN WiFi, you can access this folder on your phone.