Your system performance starts diminishing over time due to various reasons. Here, over occupied disk space, malware issues, hardware issues and other factors affect your system performance negatively. In this article, we have discussed ways how you can clean out and organize your computer’s disk space.
5 Best Way To Organize Files On Computer:
Uninstall Unnecessary Apps & Programs
Your system stores a lot of digital junk in the form of unnecessary apps & programs that you have installed long back and stopped using them for a while. These unnecessary programs also include items from bloatware that come pre-installed on your system from the manufacturer or third-party vendors. Here, bloatware includes a lot of those apps & programs that you rarely use or intend to use in the future. Thus, this digital junk remains idle on your system occupying valuable disk space. Many of these programs also run in the background occupying system resources and affecting your PC performance negatively.
Here, we suggest you find and uninstall all such programs to speed up your system performance. To uninstall these unnecessary items, follow these steps.
- Search and select the “Apps & Features” option in the search box on the taskbar. It will open a new window showing all the apps & programs that are installed on your system.
- Here, sift through the list to find and select the program/s that you want to uninstall.
- Once you have selected the unnecessary program, simply click on Uninstall button given below it.
- Confirm the deletion on pop-up window and it will remove the selected program instantly.
- You can follow the same process for other programs too.
Use Disk Cleanup Utility
In addition to unnecessary apps & programs, your system also stores a lot of unnecessary data in the form of unused files & folders, old large files, thumbnails, log files, obsolete file & folders, downloaded program files, cache files, temporary files, old system files, and other junk data. This unnecessary lot of data not only occupies system resources, but it also makes your system run slow. To deal with this unwanted data on your system, you can use a built-in utility called Disk Cleanup. It not only helps you find and delete all unnecessary data, but it also works automatically to save your time & efforts. To use this tool, follow these steps.
- Search & select “Disk Cleanup” from the search box on the taskbar.
- Select drive that you want to clean on the pop-up window. Once you have selected the drive, it will start scanning the selected drive and display all data in a new window.
- Once you are on Disk Cleanup window, click on View Files option to see all junk files in selected drive.
- To delete any of these files, simply select it from the list and press OK to delete it.
In addition to cleaning unnecessary junk files on your system, you can also use this utility to clean unwanted system files. To do this, click on “Clean up System Files” option in the lower-left corner of the window. Here, it will ask you to select the drive for cleaning. Once you have selected the drive, it will start looking for all obsolete system files and display it to you. Now you can click on “View Files” option to see these unwanted files. To delete any of these files, simply select it and press Ok to get rid of it. You can try this PC optimizer tip for instant and effective results.
Clear Browsing Data
Next in the process is clearing out browsing data to clean out disk space for optimized system performance. To do this, you can visit your browser’s settings, or you can try Ctrl + Shift + Delete combination to instantly clear all browsing history instantly. Following this simple step will not only help you recover disk space, but it is also useful for security reasons. Here, many websites track your behavior using browser cookies thus when you clean your browser’s history, it becomes safer for you when you start browsing again. While cookies generate every time, you visit browser thus it is suggested to clean browser cookies & cache for better performance and security.
Defrag Hard Drive
Your system hard disk gets fragmented over time due to extensive usage. Here, it may cause system instability, Lags, crashes or similar problems. If you are facing any of these performance issues, then we suggest you defrag your system drive for better speed & performance. Disk defragmentation is a simple process that will help you organize your disk space for better performance. To defrag disk, follow these steps.
- Go to the search bar on the taskbar and enter defrag.
- From given options select “Defragment and Optimize Drives” option.
- It will open a new Optimize Drives window.
- Here, select the drive that you want to defrag and click on Optimize button.
Clean Duplicate Data
This is another effective step that helps you clean out disk space and recover a lot of storage space effortlessly. Duplicate files accumulate on your system over time due to various reasons like file sharing, multiple times file downloading, data backup etc. These secondary copies of data not only occupy valuable disk space but it also consumes system resources unnecessarily. Here, you can perform a manual cleaning of your system or use duplicate file cleaner tools to get rid of this unwanted data instantly. This simple step will help you streamline data on your system for better performance.
These are the steps you can follow to keep your system clean and performing well. In addition to that, you also take backup of data on cloud servers or external drives to make space on your system and clean other junk data for better performance. If you know more such steps to clean and organize your PC performance, then feel free to comment below.